What is a Surveyors Real Property Report (SRPR):
Also known as or commonly known as a “spot survey” or a “mortgage inspection report”
- Used mainly by Title companies and Mortgage Companies for someone purchasing a property.
- Single Family Home
- Duplex, Villa, Condo, Townhouse or Multi-family building IF:
- The entire building is owned or being purchased (you cannot do a SRPR if you own or are purchasing only one unit in a multi-unit property)
- Each unit has their own exterior entrance
- There are 4 or fewer units.
- Location of house, buildings and other permanent structures on property are determined.
- Is an approximation of “best evidence” only based on the survey monuments found and used for the purpose of the survey.
- Building lines and easements are shown on the drawing based on the recorded subdivision plat and a title commitment if one is available.
- A drawing is prepared that shows structure locations in relationship to property lines, easement lines and building lines.
- A SRPR is only an approximation and is subject to the results that an accurate boundary may disclose.
- The state of Missouri requires that a disclaimer be placed on all SRPR drawings pertaining to the drawings use. It states that a SRPR has no warranty to current or future owners.
- It should be noted the most title companies only gives the Mortgage Company “survey coverage” on the title policy. With a SRPR the buyer does NOT typically receive “survey coverage”.
- Does not mark actual property corners.
- Does not show fence violations unless gross in nature.
- Cannot be used to build fences, decks or other improvements as it does not constitute a property boundary survey per state statute.
SRPR Video Tutorial
Watch the video and let Shelly Clark of Cardinal Surveying and Mapping teach you what a Surveyors Real Property Report does for you and how it compares to “SPOT” and boundary surveys.
Information provided should not be considered legal advice and all buyers, agents, and title companies should consult their attorneys for legal advice.